The MDNA Tour
- View history
The MDNA Tour was the ninth concert tour by American singer-songwriter Madonna . It showcased material from her twelfth studio album, MDNA (2012).
- 1 Background
Background [ ]
While promoting her movie W.E. , Madonna was associated with Smirnoff vodka brand, and launched the "Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project", in which participants had to upload material from them, competition showing his dancing skills, to be included as dancers his upcoming tour. Eleven finalists were presented to Madonna and other guests in November 2011 at the Roseland Ballroom, where the winner was Charles Riley (known as Lil Buck).
The tour was officially announced on Tuesday, February 7, two days after his participation in the halftime show of Super Bowl XLVI . That day the promotional poster and the name of the new tour was revealed through their official website and its promoter Live Nation. This coincided with the announcement of the covers of deluxe and standard editions of MDNA , the premiere of the video of the single " Give Me All Your Luvin' " and the announcement of the track list of the album.
Setlist: [ ]
Act I - Transgression
The Prayer Overture: Act of Contrition (Intro) (contains excerpts from Psalm 91 57 and Bat Birjina Gaztetto Zegoen)
- " Girl Gone Wild " (contains elements of "Girl Gone Wild" (Offer Nissim Remix) and excerpts from " Material Girl " and " Give It 2 Me ")
- " Revolver "
- " Gang Bang "
- " Papa Don't Preach "
- " Hung Up " (contains elements of "Girl Gone Wild" and " Sorry ")
- " I Don't Give A "
Act II - Prophecy
" Best Friend " (remix) (video / dance interlude) (contains excerpts from " Heartbeat ")
- " Express Yourself " (contains excerpts from " Born This Way " and " She's Not Me ")
- " Give Me All Your Luvin' " (Just Blaze Remix)
- Turning Up the Hits (Video Interlude) (contains excerpts from " Holiday ", " Into the Groove ", " Lucky Star ", " Like a Virgin ", " 4 Minutes ", " Ray of Light " and " Music ")
- " Turn Up the Radio " (contains excerpts from "Turn Up the Radio" (Leo Zero Remix))
- " Open Your Heart " (contains elements of Sagarra Jo!)
- " Holiday " (since September 8)
- " Masterpiece "
Act III - Masculine/Feminine
- " Justify My Love " (remix) (video / dance interlude)
- " Candy Shop " (contains elements of Ashamed of Myself and excerpts from " Erotica ")
- " Human Nature "
- " Like a Virgin " (Acoustic) (contains elements of "Evgeni's Waltz")
- " Love Spent " (contains elements of "Love Spent" (Acoustic) and "Evgeni's Waltz")
Act IV - Redemption
- " Nobody Knows Me " (remix) (video / dance interlude)
- " I'm Addicted "
- " I'm a Sinner " (contains elements of " Cyber-Raga " and "De Treville-n Azken Hitzak")
- " Like a Prayer "
- " Celebration " (Benny Benassi Remix) (contains elements of "Girl Gone Wild" and "Give It 2 Me")
List of concerts, showing date, city, country, venue, opening act, tickets sold, amount of available tickets and gross revenue
- During the second performance in New York City at Yankee Stadium, Madonna performed " Holiday '' for the first time.
- During the first performance in San Jose, Madonna performed a minimal version of her debut single " Everybody " due to its 30th anniversary.
- During the second performance in New York City at Madison Square Garden, Korean rapper Psy joined Madonna on stage to perform a mash-up of " Give It 2 Me " and "Gangnam Style" as well as " Music ".
- During the second performance in Mexico City, Madonna performed " Spanish Lesson ".
- During the first performance in Argentina, Madonna performed " Don't Cry for Me Argentina ".
- The setlist of the concert in Chile was considerably reduced due to technical issues caused by heavy rain.
- 1 Re-Invention World Tour
- 2 Ray of Light Photoshoot
- 3 Bedtime Stories Photoshoot
The MDNA Tour
2012 concert tour by madonna / from wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, dear wikiwand ai, let's keep it short by simply answering these key questions:.
Can you list the top facts and stats about The MDNA Tour?
Summarize this article for a 10 years old
The MDNA Tour was the ninth concert tour by American singer Madonna , launched in-support of her twelfth studio album, MDNA (2012). Comprising 88 shows, the tour began on May 31, 2012, in Tel Aviv , Israel 's Ramat Gan Stadium and concluded in Córdoba, Argentina on December 22, 2012. Rumors of the singer embarking on a concert tour first began in October 2011, but nothing was confirmed until four months later, following Madonna's performance at the Super Bowl XLVI halftime show with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. As Madonna's fifth tour with Live Nation , the MDNA Tour visited not only Eurasia and the Americas , but marked the first time she performed in the United Arab Emirates , Ukraine and Colombia . Additionally, it was her first visit to Turkey since the Girlie Show Tour (1993). An Australian leg was planned for January 2013, but was cancelled.
Described as "the journey of a soul from darkness to light", it was divided into thematic sections (a custom for the singer): Transgression , Prophecy , Masculine/Feminine , and Redemption . Designers working on the tour's wardrobe included Arianne Phillips and Jean Paul Gaultier . It received generally positive reviews from critics , who praised the production and performances. The lack of the singer's older songs, and inclusion of MDNA tracks, however, received criticism. The tour sparked several controversies due to the use of firearms, violence, partial nudity, and Madonna's political statements. French far-right politician Marine Le Pen filed a lawsuit against her, after Madonna featured a video clip comparing Le Pen to Adolf Hitler . Also, in France, one concert offered at Paris ' s Olympia venue was critically panned and trashed by fans for its short length. In Russia, Madonna received backlash from far-right conservatives for openly supporting feminist punk rock band Pussy Riot , and for speaking openly against the country's gay “propaganda” laws and treatment of LGBTQ+ communities.
The tour was a commercial success; with $305.2 million from 88 sold-out shows, it was named the most lucrative tour of 2012 and became the tenth highest-grossing of all time . Madonna was awarded Top Touring Artist at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards . The concerts performed at Miami 's American Airlines Arena were filmed and broadcast as Madonna: The MDNA Tour through EPIX . A live album titled MDNA World Tour was released on September 10, 2013, in all formats; double-disc album, DVD , and Blu-ray .
Oops something went wrong:
- FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE
- RAY OF LIGHT
- RAISING MALAWI
- Sign up Log in
Available on September 22nd, MADAME X: MUSIC FROM THE THEATER XPERIENCE showcases 22 powerful live performances of songs that span the remarkably different eras of Madonna’s iconic career...
Live Nation is pleased to confirm that most of the North America dates of Madonna’s Celebration Tour have been rescheduled...
Live Nation has confirmed that the first leg of The Celebration Tour in North America is unfortunately postponed...
New Rainbow-Vinyl Version Of 6-LP Remix Collection Celebrating Madonna’s Record 50 #1 Club Hits Will Be Available On June 23rd...
Record Store Day announcement! Madonna will this year release ‘American Life – Mixshow Mix’, an exclusive EP celebrating the album’s 20th anniversary...
- Terms and Conditions
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- Concert Tickets
MDNA World Tour (Q13579751)
Wikipedia (14 entries).
- elwiki MDNA World Tour
- enwiki MDNA World Tour (album)
- eswiki MDNA World Tour
- fawiki تور جهانی امدیانای
- frwiki MDNA World Tour
- hewiki MDNA World Tour
- hrwiki MDNA World Tour
- itwiki MDNA World Tour
- kowiki MDNA World Tour
- plwiki MDNA World Tour
- ptwiki MDNA World Tour
- svwiki MDNA World Tour
- trwiki MDNA World Tour
- ukwiki MDNA World Tour
Wikibooks (0 entries)
Wikinews (0 entries), wikiquote (0 entries), wikisource (0 entries), wikiversity (0 entries), wikivoyage (0 entries), wiktionary (0 entries), multilingual sites (0 entries).
File : Madonna and Dancers on MDNA Tour.jpg
File history, file usage on commons, file usage on other wikis.
Original file (850 × 638 pixels, file size: 453 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg )
Summary [ edit ]
Licensing [ edit ].
- to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to remix – to adapt the work
- attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- share alike – If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same or compatible license as the original.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
You cannot overwrite this file.
The following page uses this file:
- File:Madonna and Dancers on MDNA Tour .jpg (file redirect)
The following other wikis use this file:
- Everybody (chanson de Madonna)
This file contains additional information such as Exif metadata which may have been added by the digital camera, scanner, or software program used to create or digitize it. If the file has been modified from its original state, some details such as the timestamp may not fully reflect those of the original file. The timestamp is only as accurate as the clock in the camera, and it may be completely wrong.
Items portrayed in this file, copyright status, copyrighted, copyright license, creative commons attribution-sharealike 2.0 generic, 11 october 2012.
- The MDNA Tour
- Flickr images reviewed by trusted users
- Flickr images missing SDC source of file
- Flickr images missing SDC creator